The Elite Rodeo Athletes tour ended its inaugural season, capping off a year of competitions and tour events with a three-night championship finale.
The Elite Rodeo Athletes tour ended its inaugural season in epic fashion this past weekend, capping off a year of competitions and tour events with a three-night championship finale at Dallas' American Airlines Center. Thousands gathered each night at the arena to see the sport's greatest athletes and animals in action up close, and they weren't disappointed. Respectful and authentic rodeo-loving masses watched superstars like Trevor Brazile, Luke Branquinho, and Fallon Taylor put their talents to the test.
Many of rodeo's top-tier athletes helped create ERA last year to bolster the sport and grow its fan base around the country. The Dallas championship rounds over the weekend offered competitors more than $1 million in overall payouts. Winners were named for individual rounds, but the world champions were determined from the season-long point totals tabulated after final performances Sunday.
You can watch the final individual rounds and all-around championship presentations on Fox Sports 2 November 28, but if you don't mind spoilers, check out the newly crowned 2016 ERA world champs below:
BULL RIDING WORLD STANDINGS
- First: Chandler Bownds, Lubbock, TX, 3350 points — Bownds also put up the best individual numbers of the weekend.
- Second: Cody Campbell, Summerville, OR, 3025
- Third: Beau Hill, Columbia Falls, MT, 2600
TEAM ROPING WORLD STANDINGS
- First: Clay Tryan/ Jade Corkill, Plentywood, MT/Fallon, NV, 4650 points — Tryan and Corkill took two of the three Dallas rounds, as well.
- Second: Derrick Begay/Clay O’Brien Cooper, Winslow, AZ/Gardnerville, NV, 3850
- Third: Kaleb Driggers/Junior Nogueira, Albany, GA/Scottsdale, AZ, 3175
STEER WRESTLING WORLD STANDINGS
- First: Bray Armes, Pilot Point, TX, 3850 points
- Second: Kyle Irwin, Robertsdale, AL, 3675
- Third: Stockton Graves, Alva, OK, 3087.5
SADDLE BRONC RIDING WORLD STANDINGS
- First: Cort Scheer, Elsmere, NE, 4862.5 points
- Second: Wade Sundell, Boxholm, IA, 3875 — Sundell picked up the biggest individual score of the weekend on Sunday, with an 87.
- Third: Zeke Thurston, Big Valley, Alberta, Canada, 3337.
BARREL RACING WORLD STANDINGS
- First: Lisa Lockhart, Oelrichs, SD, 4025 points
- Second: Kassidy Denison, Tohatchi, NM, 3562.5
- Third: Kassie Mowry, Dublin, TX, 2992 — Mowry won all three individual rounds this weekend.
TIE-DOWN WORLD STANDINGS
- First: Shane Hanchey, Sulpher, LA, 3650 points — Hanchey also won the individual round on Sunday.
- Second: Caleb Smidt, Bellville, TX, 3425
- Third: Marty Yates, Stephenville, TX, 3325
BAREBACK RIDING WORLD STANDINGS
- First: Steven Dent, Mullen, NE, 4337.5 points
- Second: Kaycee Field, Spanish Fork, UT, 3837.5
- Third: Austin Foss, Terrebonne, OR, 3300 — Foss received the highest individual-round score of the weekend, with 86.5 on Saturday.
Learn more about the ERA rodeo tour and championship online.