We want to celebrate the spirit of the West through your eyes. Enter our 2024 photo contest today!
The beauty of the West has no limits, and it's said the creative eye opens wider out here.
We want to see what you've captured looking through your lens and showcase what the Western lifestyle means to you in all its beauty, majesty, grit, and diversity.
Tradition - by Danny Nestor, winner - 2023 Visions of the West
What should you submit?
There are SIX categories where you will have the opportunity to submit your photo entries:
- TRAVEL & DESTINATIONS: Breathtaking and vibrant images that convey the varied of the American West.
- INDIGENOUS LIFE: Photographs that honor tradition and celebrate contemporary Native American culture.
- PEOPLE & CULTURE: Visions that embrace faces, family, heritage, and community.
- HORSE & RIDER: Moments that capture equine and ranch life, rodeos, cowboys, and cowgirls in action.
- WESTERN STYLE & ENTERTAINMENT: Images that represent Americana, in homes, hometowns, entertaining, and hospitality.
- WILDLIFE & NATURE: Shots of the great outdoors and its wondrous creatures.
A Morning Kiss, Jenny Lake - by Bobby Strader
CRITERIA / REQUIREMENTS
- Photographers may enter up to five (5) in each category.
- You are not required to submit a photo in ALL categories.
Waiting With You - by Amy Smith
- Submissions will be accepted through November 12, 2023.
- Be sure to scroll through the photos and follow us on @cowboysindiansmagazine to keep up with announcements and winners.
Unbridled - by Erika Haight
- Model Release Form must be included to publish images that depict a person / people who could be recognized.
- Download the Model Release Form below.
- Be sure to attach the completed form when you submit your entry / entries.
- Any questions or comments, please email: [email protected]
Please CLICK HERE to download the release form.
Read the full contest rules here: Terms & Conditions.
Featured lead image: Through The Dust, by Sigrid Zamaro