We talked to the real estate pros at Galles Properties for their insider recommendations in Pagosa Springs.
Located in southwest Colorado, Pagosa Springs is nestled at the base of the Continental Divide and surrounded by millions of acres of San Juan National Forest and Weminuche Wilderness. Here, small-town charm has melded with stunning beauty and year-round recreation to create an irresistible draw for people looking for a unique Colorado getaway or a new mountain retreat to call home.
Real Estate Market
Pagosa Springs has seen unprecedented real estate activity in the last year, with many seeking to “live and work where they play.”
“Since January of 2020, our real estate market has seen substantial closed volume increases,” says Galles Properties broker Juli Morelock. “Like many parts of the country, we are experiencing extremely low inventory, but there are still wonderful properties available. And we can always help to locate properties that may not yet be on the market.”
What To Do, See, Eat in Pagosa Springs
Galles Properties brokers Diane Burnett, Steve Crow, and Stan Zuege put together this list to get you started.
- Check out some of our favorite local eats at the Alley House Grille, Kip’s Grill and Cantina, Mountain Pizza & Taproom, and Riff Raff Brewing Company.
- Drive to Piedra Falls, Silver Falls and Treasure Falls and take in the Piedra River Trail overlook.
- Hike Four Mile Falls, or find your own favorite hike or mountain bike ride in the San Juan National Forest.
- Raft or tube down the San Juan River.
- Picnic, Frisbee golf, or mountain bike on Reservoir Hill.
- Fly-fish the San Juan River: Spend some time with a national forest map and discover some “out of the way” flyfishing spots. Check with your local fly shop for water temps and hatches.
- Ski Wolf Creek, known for the most snow in Colorado!
- Horseback ride with an outfitter.
- Hit the excellent hunting grounds.
- Check out the Four Corners Folk Festival.
- Don’t miss Colorfest Weekend, hosted by the Pagosa Springs Chamber of Commerce.
- Soak in the world-famous Pagosa Hot Springs.
- Enjoy boating and fishing on the 36-mile Navajo Lake.
Visit Galles Properties online at gallesproperties.com.
Find out more about Pagosa Springs at visitpagosasprings.com