Whether you are staying safe at home or working tirelessly to help others during this challenging time, we're here for you. Press play on our special YouTube playlist below to let some of our favorite artists of the past and present sing you back home.
C&I's Home on the Range Playlist
Press play to watch/listen to the whole thing.
Below are the tunes included:
- Roy Rogers, "Home on the Range" – Instantly calming, right?
- Willie Nelson, "Don't Get Around Much Anymore" – This is from his Stardust album, which has always been a go-to for me when I needed a moment to relax the mind.
- Roger Miller, "Chug-a-Lug" – My colleague Dana Joseph and I share an unbridled devotion to the whimsical-but-grounded Miller.
- Lyle Lovett, "If I Had a Boat" – Many of us right now are doing what Lyle's doing in the music video. Well, without the guitar or the extraordinary singing voice.
- Miranda Lambert, "Bluebird" – There's a beautiful tone of resilience here. You can always count on Miranda for that.
- Brandi Carlile, "Every Time I Hear That Song" – This is a great one for you to make an attempt at harmonizing. Don't worry. Nobody is around you.
- John Prine, "Hello in There" – My dad and I adore this song. And the final line is gospel.
- Vince Gill and Paul Franklin, "But I Do" – A sad fiddle, a longing voice, a drippy pedal steel. Grab a beer and claim your couch spot.
- Martina McBride, "I'll Be There" – Tap those toes while baking something delicious.
- Don Williams, "I Believe In You" – And I do! Any tear that drops during this song is a useful one.
- Pasty Cline, "Walkin' After Midnight" – Stay in your yard, if you can.
- Reba McEntire, "Sunday Kind of Love" – Reba + vintage soul worked then, and it still does now.
- George Strait, "Carrying Your Love With Me" – Wherever we are, whatever we're going through, the King of Country's got our back.
More playlists are on the way in coming weeks. Stay tuned and stay safe out there!
(Photography: Paul Reiffer)