The picturesque Diamond Tail Ranch overlooks the upper Laramie River Valley in northern Colorado.
Green pastures, red barns, white fences. Diamond Tail Ranch could have been the inspiration for the scenic farms pictured in a children’s storybook. Owned since 1979 by the Duncan family, the same purveyors of swanky Silver Oak Cellars, this rare property encompasses extensive waterfront, wilderness, and turn-key agricultural opportunities.
Surrounded by “Aspen groves and timbered hillsides,” according to listing agency Hall and Hall, Diamond Tail Ranch also makes an “excellent hunting property” thanks to its resident species including elk, mule, whitetail deer, moose, pronghorn, black bear, cougar, grouse, and a variety of waterfowl. Apart from its envious environs, indoor accommodations and facilities have been well-maintained as well, including the owner’s primary residence, barns, guest cabins, a separate dining hall, a hilltop chapel, employee housing, and operational and livestock buildings—plus an airstrip.
Considering Diamond Tail ranch is about 45 minutes from Laramie, Wyoming, and 2 to 3 hours from Ft. Collins, Boulder, and Denver, booking a flight sounds easily worth the trip.
Larimer County, Colorado
$44.9 million | Listed by Brian Smith, Hall and Hall
- 17,656 deeded acres
- 9,905 USFS Grazing Allotment acres
- 8,400 BLM Grazing Lease acres
- 1,920 State of Colorado Grazing Lease acres
- 37,881 total acres
- 27 miles of live water and outstanding private trout fishing
- 5 miles of the Laramie River flows through the ranch
- 8 miles of additional trout fishing via two tributary streams, McIntyre and LaGarde Creeks
- 8 miles of water for agriculture and wildlife from a handful of smaller year-round creeks contribute another
- 6 CFS of senior water rights are owned by the ranch, irrigating approximately 3,000 acres
- 30-year successful commercial bison operation
- 750-head bison herd
- 350-head ranch cattle herd plus 450 head leased during the summer grazing season
- 20,225 acres of additional capacity via grazing permits adjacent to the ranch
Click on slideshow above to see more images of Diamond Tail Ranch.
Photography: Courtesy Hall and Hall
Check out more homes and ranches for sale on our Real Estate page.