Willie Nelson’s new album, God’s Problem Child, will feature a tribute to Merle Haggard and a performance by the late Leon Russell.
It’s been a long three-year Willie Nelson drought, but it looks like we won’t have to wait much longer for a collection of fresh material from the Texas-born legend. The 11-time Grammy winner’s new album, God’s Problem Child, will be released on April 28, a day before the singer’s 84th birthday. The album will feature seven new songs that Nelson and longtime producer Buddy Cannon collaborated on.
New tracks will include the album’s opener, “Little House on the Hill,” written by Cannon’s 92-year-old mother, Lyndel Rhodes; “He Won’t Ever Be Gone,” a tribute to Nelson’s late friend Merle Haggard; “Delete and Fast Forward,” which references the election; and “Still Not Dead,” which Nelson wrote in response to an article that claimed the singer had passed.
God’s Problem Child Track List
- “Little House on the Hill” (Lyndel Rhodes)
- “Old Timer” (Donnie Fritz/Lenny LeBlanc)
- “True Love” (Willie Nelson/Buddy Cannon)
- “Delete and Fast Forward” (Willie Nelson/Buddy Cannon)
- “A Woman's Love” (Mike Reid/Sam Hunter)
- “Your Memory Has a Mind of Its Own” (Willie Nelson/Buddy Cannon)
- “Butterfly” (Sonny Throckmorton/Mark Sherrill)
- “Still Not Dead” (Willie Nelson/Buddy Cannon)
- “God's Problem Child” (Jamey Johnson/Tony Joe White)
- “It Gets Easier” (Willie Nelson/Buddy Cannon)
- “Lady Luck” (Willie Nelson/Buddy Cannon)
- “I Made a Mistake” (Willie Nelson/Buddy Cannon
- “He Won't Ever Be Gone” (Gary Nicholson)
Upcoming tour dates include February 6, 7, 8 at Buck Owens’ Crystal Palace in Bakersfield, California; February 16 at the San Antonio Stock Show & Rodeo in San Antonio, Texas; March 18 at Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo; April 29 at The Stagecoach Festival in Indio, California; August 4 at the Big Valley Jamboree in Camrose, Alberta, Canada. Go to Nelson's website for complete info.