Check out Cowboys & Indians' most visited stories on the website in 2017. From the looks of the top 10, our readers are into character-abundant TV westerns, beautiful Southwestern fashion, adventurous travel, horse rescues, rodeo, chuck wagon cooking, stunning landscape and ranch photos ... the list goes on. Basically, it's what we call "the good stuff."
Click on the titles to revisit these great stories, and see why C&I takes its mission to give you the best of the West very seriously:
1. THE END OF A LONGMIRE JOURNEY: Our October cover story previewed the final season of Netflix's beloved modern western.
2. LOU DIAMOND PHILLIPS PREVIEWS LONGMIRE'S FINAL SEASON: Seriously, considering the reaction we get to our Longmire coverage, we feel confident urging Netflix to consider a revival.
3. FALL FASHION: SOUTHWEST WANDERLUST: The rich textures and bold patterns made this feature a winner in fashionistas' eyes.
4. OUR OREGON TRAIL: We went deep into the Pacific Northwest state and offered plenty of great travel ideas for our mid-summer edition.
5. GODLESS ON NETFLIX: The seven-part epic western miniseries is a big hit on Netflix, so it's no surprise that readers flocked to our primer on the show.
6. ON THE MARKET: GEORGE STRAIT'S SAN ANTONIO RANCH: For most of us it's a real estate daydream, and it's even more appealing considering it once served as a home to the King of Country.
7. ED HARRIS BEHIND THE SCENES: We caught up with the recent C&I cover star during his shoot at the beautiful California horse rescue, Return to Freedom.
8. TOP SEAT: The rodeo crowd dug in for this profile feature on Dave Dahl, former athlete turned in-demand saddle maker.
9. BEST OF THE WEST 2017: We explored, among other things, the most historically relevant small towns in the American West.
10. TASTE OF THE WEST 2017: Yum yum — our October special section offered up foodie traditions, recipes, appetizing stories, and more from around the region.