Equest’s “Gift of Purpose” offers a chance to give a gift that truly makes a difference this holiday season.
Rather than spending money on gift cards or Santa socks this holiday season, you can put your money where it can do some good by donating toward the impact a horse can have for someone with a disability.
Equest — a Dallas-area foundation that provides equine-facilitated activities, therapies, and counseling to children and adults with physical, cognitive, sensory, coping, and learning disabilities, as well as to veterans with adjustment challenges — is offering a true make-a-difference gift idea.
Through donations to the horses — which Equest calls its “most important asset” — donors can provide resources toward the care of therapy horses and help change the lives of the clients they serve.
Equest, a 501(c)(3) public charity, changes the lives of more than 1,200 clients a year. Its four-legged therapists, who carry and interact with hundreds of clients, need lots of food, horseshoes, vitamins, and the means to stay warm in the winter. Charitable giving helps Equest keep its therapy horses in great shape.
Using the healing power of the human-horse connection, Equest provides clients with physical and occupational therapy, equine-facilitated counseling and learning, therapeutic carriage driving, therapeutic horsemanship, and competition. Its fastest-growing program, Hooves for Heroes, offers services to veterans, first responders, and their families.
By contributing at one of the donation levels below or at a custom level of your choosing, you can help make someone’s holiday season — and quality of life beyond.
- $50 buys four bales of hay for Equest’s therapy horses.
- $100 pays the entry fee for a therapeutic riding client to participate in a horse show.
- $250 brings an equine-facilitated learning program and mini horses to a local school or library.
- $500 covers class fees for one rider for one semester.
- $1,000 provides a semester of counseling for a veteran or their family member and helps Equest’s Hooves for Heroes program continue to offer veteran services at no charge to the individual.
- $2,500 covers six months of care for a therapy horse.
- $5,000 sponsors the care of a therapy horse for a year.
For more information, please visit Equest’s website.