Experience the City Different to the fullest with these destinations.
GOOD TIMES IN SANTA FE
Our wanderlust fixates on Santa Fe at just about any time of year. No matter how many times we go, we never tire of this singular place. The Sangre de Cristo Mountains, pinyon-spiced air, welcoming adobes, kiva fireplaces, blue doors, red-and-green anything on our plates, luminaria, and ristras. Come August, we’ve got Indian Market (17 – 18) on our minds and can practically smell the fry bread already. Besides doing our best to see — and shop — as many of the 1,000-plus Native artists and designers spilling out from the historic plaza as possible, we’ve got a list of some other things we want to be sure to tick off on our next trip to the City Different.
• Clafoutis, Café Pasqual’s, or Sage Bakehouse for breakfast.
• Absolute Nirvana Spa for a long massage and facial.
• Samsville Gallery for silver and turquoise jewelry shopping.
• Tesuque Village Market for hang time, tortilla soup, and dessert(!).
• El Parasol for a green chile cheeseburger.
• Santa Fe Ski Basin for a hike on the Aspen Vista Trail.
• Meow Wolf for a new immersive art experience.
• Palace of the Governors for a guided tour of New Mexico history.
• El Rancho de las Golondrinas for living history.
• La Fonda’s Bell Tower rooftop bar for drinks at sunset.