Any other seasonal fruit, like raspberries, blueberries, and mangoes, can be substituted for the strawberries.
- 5 mint leaves
- 4 strawberries, quartered
- 2 teaspoons soft brown sugar
- 2 ounces golden spiced rum, such as Sailor Jerry Spiced Navy Rum
- 2 slices of lime Ice cubes
To me, mojitos are one of the most refreshing drinks for summer and outside barbecues. Any other seasonal fruit — raspberries, blueberries, mangoes — could be substituted for the strawberries.
Crush the mint leaves and sugar until smooth with a muddler (a bartender's tool used like a pestle).
Add the rest of the ingredients and serve over the ice cubes.
Makes 1 serving
• Also on C&I: Indian Market recipes, menu, and dinner party tips