Best Of The West 2012: Try On These Pearl Snap Shirts
Our readers love them, and we've picked out the latest and greatest.
Photography: Aaron Dougherty Photography
ABOVE (L-R): 1. Scully, Horseshoe vintage ($78), www.pintoranch.com
2. Pendleton, Frontier shirt ($48), www.pendleton-usa.com
3. Panhandle Slim, Blue plaid ($53), www.pintoranch.com
There’s nothing quite like your favorite pearl snap shirt: easy to throw on and even easier to pop off after a hard day’s work. It was Hollywood cowboys like Tom Mix and Gene Autry who first started wearing snap-fronts, making the adornment a Westernwear staple, but it took designers like Nathan Turk and Nudie Cohn to turn them into works of art. More subtle versions eventually made their way into stores, and now it’s more common to see a ranch hand wearing snaps than your run-of-the-mill button-down.
Here, we’ve folded up our favorite snap shirts available this season. There’s a little something for everyone — whether you belong in Tinseltown or cow town.
ABOVE (L-R): 1. Larry Mahan, L/S retro shirt ($40), www.cavenders.com
2. Ariat, Amanda ($54.95), www.cavenders.com
3. Schaefer Outfitter, Classic Abilene ($70), www.pintoranch.com
ABOVE (L-R): 1. Tasha Polizzi, Colt 44 ($112), www.tashapolizzi.net
2. Cattelac Ranch, Pink scroll ($60), www.pintoranch.com
3. Ryan Michael, Santa Fe yoke ($140), www.ryanmichael.com
ABOVE (L-R): 1. Miller Ranch, Brown pattern ($88), www.millerranch1918.com
2. Wrangler, Indigo slub ($49.99), www.cavenders.com
3. Resistol University, Profound plaid ($69.95), www.pintoranch.com
1. Miller Ranch, Navy plaid ($80), www.millerranch1918.com
2. Scully, Gunfighter Natural ($80), www.cavenders.com